Skip to content
January 02, 2022
Searching for Hope // Zechariah 9:1-12 // Ryan Farrell
- Have you ever celebrated or followed the Christian church calendar? Do some Googling, researching, and conversing and then discuss or reflect: What might be some of the benefits of keeping the “liturgical” church calendar?
- In what ways do you see Christmas-ness used as a bandaid for deeper, larger issues in our world?
- Reflect on the message of Christmas. What about it brings hope? Where do you and those around you need the hope of Jesus most this season?
- Read Psalm 18 and discuss or reflect on what it is like to look to Jesus as a refuge.
December 19, 2021
More Than A Manger // Luke 1:26-38 // Paul Gazdik
- Read Micah 5: 2; Matthew 1:18-25; Luke 1:26-33, 2:1-20. What verse stands out to you and why?
- What does the manger mean to you?
- Quote from Sunday: We don’t just adore a baby in a manger, we worship a forever ruling, sin-forgiving, death-defeating King. How does this truth impact your hopes and dreams, fears and worries? In what ways is the infant King hope for our world today?
December 5, 2021
Don’t Fear, God Hears // Luke 1:5-25 // Ryan Farrell
- What are some fears you have wrestled with lately? What are common fears in the world today?
- Google “Do Not Be Afraid Bible Verses.” Spend some time reading through many of the other “Don’t fear” Scripture verses. What are some common themes in them? Why do you think this is such a prevalent theme in God’s Word?
- Reread Luke 1:5-25. How does the message of Christmas impact our personal and global fears?
- Convert your fears to prayers, make them fodder for the fire. Spend time naming and praying through each personal and global fear you have discussed.
- Spend time patiently listening to someone and reflect on God’s gracious listening to our prayers.
November 28, 2021
Certainty: Prophecy Fulfilled // Luke 1:1-4 // Paul Gazdik
- Moment of truth – is there an inner Grinch in you? Why and with what?
- What were some of your takeaways from Sunday’s message?
- Reread Luke 1:1-4 as well as 1 John 1:1-3 noting parallels and differences?
- Why is certainty around Jesus so important?
- How can we be certain about Jesus? What difference does it make?