Above all, love each other deeply,
because love covers over
a multitude of sins.
1 Peter 4:8
Though the word “membership” doesn’t appear in the New Testament, the word “member” does repeatedly, as in “so we, though many, are one body in Christ, and individually members one of another (Rom 12:5).” Though every believer is part of the global church, membership is a concrete expression of our belonging to a local church (cf 1 Cor 12:12-27). It’s a beautiful way of saying, “this is my church home, the family of believers that I’m called to be part of and to do life with.”
- First and foremost you need to profess faith in Jesus as the one who rescues you from your sin. If you have questions about this email one of the church staff or email@example.com
- Have you been baptized? It is mandatory for membership. If not, see the Baptism process.
- Complete the Bay Park Membership online training. Email office @baypark.ca for a link to the course. You will need a RightNow Media account. If you do not already have an account click here to sign up courtesy of Bay Park.
- Inform one of the elders of your interest in membership via email and they will:
- Give you a membership package to fill out;
- and, schedule a meeting with you.
- Upon successful completion of the above a Sunday will be picked to announce and receive you into membership.