June 13 – Spiritual Beings // Romans 12:3 – Paul Gazdik
- Pray – God guide me and ground me in your grace as I work through this Strength Inventory
- Fill out at least 5 entries in the Strength Inventory. Click here for a pdf of the chart below.
|The Person||The Contribution||The Positive Impact on Them||The Positive Impact on Me||Celebration|
|Who has personally benefited from knowing me?||How by God’s grace have I helped or encouraged this person?||What effect did your actions have on their life?||What positive impact did your behaviour have on your life?||How do I embrace and celebrate this God given strength today?|
3. Pray – Thank God for the strengths he has given you (pray through some of them) and the way he has wired you. Pray for sober (accurate) self-image, one that is rooted in grace and informed by faith.
 Adapted from Ken B Dyck, Freedom Session Foundations 1 – Facing the Truth, (Freedom Session Resources, 2019) p 83
June 6 – Spiritual Transformation // Romans 12:1-2 – Ryan Farrell
- How did last week’s challenge go? (Visualize a mundane chore as being done on heaven’s altar).
- Ryan talked about three patterns of our age in which we might be swept up: (1) hustle & bustle; (2) independence; and, (3) over-indulgence. Is there one you identify with? Are there other patterns of our age you/your group can name?
- Based on the message, how would you describe spiritual transformation in your own words?
2 Prayer Prompts
- God, helps us discern what is your good and pleasing will in [name an area of our age, culture or your life].
- Pray for individuals you’d love to see spiritually transformed. [Be cautious of the temptation to be judgmental].
- Find a way to “gaze at God” this week and make note of how it impacts your values, attitudes and decisions.
May 30 – Spiritual Worship // Romans 12:1-2 – Ryan Farrell
- How did last week’s challenge go? (Honour someone you’re not typically drawn to.)
- What do the words “sacred” and “secular” mean and how are they often used today? How does the Apostle Paul blur the lines between sacred and secular in Romans 12:1-2? What “secular” aspect of your lives do you struggle to view as “sacred”?
- With Ryan’s sermon in mind, how would you define worship in our lives today?
2 Prayer Prompts
- God, forgive me for secularizing this life you’ve given me. Here are some things I need your help seeing as sacred….
- God, we ask you to help (name church worship leaders we know) lead us in corporate worship.
- Think of one mundane chore or activity in your daily life and whenever you do it this week visualize yourself on heaven’s altar.