Above all, love each other deeply,
because love covers over
a multitude of sins.
1 Peter 4:8
Week #1: Greg Koukl- Taking Jesus Seriously
- What point or quote from Greg Koukl’s message stood out to you and why?
- Greg said “a lot of people really like Jesus but don’t take him seriously.” Christians included. Why do you think that is and what can we do as a church to change that?
- Read John 19:28-30. It is finished is a financial term used to signal the cancelling of a debt. Have you ever had a debt forgiven or gotten a warning instead of a fine? How did it impact you? What does this teach us about God?
2 Prayer Prompts
- Thank God for how Jesus suffered and died, not just for the sins of the world, but for your brokenness, that we might taste God’s perfect mercy not his perfect judgement.
- Ask the Holy Spirit to reveal areas in your life where you haven’t been taking Jesus seriously and for the courage to surrender more fully whatever the cost.
- Discuss (listen and share) what you’ve learned with one person OR Invite someone to next Sunday’s conversation with Andrew Thunder.